Home > About us > Lighthouses open to th...

This lighthouse tower, made of stone and 28 metres high, was erected in 1842 and 1843, and the light shone for the first time on 1 November 1843. This tower was built on the projecting cape 10 km from Falkenberg.

The tower is made of stone, white with two black belts. There are a number of shallows in all directions from this lighthouse. Many people may think this lighthouse is in a strange location, situated as it is on the straight piece of coast outside Falkenberg. In Sweden, we do not have all that many lighthouses that provide points of reference to indicate where people are on straight, dark stretches of coast. But Morups Tånge is one of a small number of lighthouses that perform this function as well.

Fully automated and demanned in 1962.

Dela artikeln