Home > About us > Lighthouses open to th...

This lighthouse also goes by the name of Långe Erik, but nobody knows how this name came about. This lighthouse is a sleek, stylish tower made of plastered Öland stone, except for the six metres at the bottom – these are unplastered and separated by beautiful edging.

This lighthouse is 32.1 metres high, and it was built between 1844 and 1845 before being commissioned in 1845. His Royal Highness granted funding for the construction of a lighthouse.

The lighthouse at the north cape of Öland is the first lighthouse in Sweden to be fully automated. That was back in 1976.

Dela artikeln