Information concerning Wallhamn
From January 1st, 2009 the Swedish Transport Agency establishes regulations on pilotage in the Swedish territorial waters.
Pilotage is compulsory for the following vessels:
Category 1 vessels: All vessels.
Category 2 vessels: LOA 80m or 15m beam and over.
Category 3 vessels: LOA 90m or 16m beam and over.
For further information about compulsory pilotage, category of vessels, pilot exemption, pilot line, pilot boarding position and regulations please read further on The Swedish Transport Agency website.
Hätteberget 2NM SW Hätteberget Lt.
|Hätteberget - Wallhamn||9,5m|
|Hätteberget - Hakefjorden||13,5m|
|Hätteberget - Älgöfjorden||15m|
Vessels with LOA >235m will not be handled unless an inquiry is made to the pilot area manager (see contact page) before ordering a pilot. The request must be made in good time and provide an answer to any restrictions for the vessel type which contain wind and visibility restrictions as well as the needs of tugboat assistance. Upon request, a specification of the intended vessel shall be provided.
Restrictions during darkness
There are no restriktions during darkness
No vessels with LOA of 150m or more will be piloted in the fairway with a Visibility of < 0,5NM.
Vessels to/from the sea to/from Älgöfjorden will be pilote with an visibilety of 0.25NM or more.
The Visibilety restrictions also applies to ships carrying:
- Amonia - All vessels.
- Gas - Vessels with LOA 125m and more.
Ships with a large wind area ("garage type") are normaly not piloted in the fairway to Wallhamn at wind speeds above 15 m/s.
To Uddevalla shall two pilot´s performe pilotage under the following circumstances:
- Vessels with LOA 200m or 35m beam and above.
These measures have been considered relevant with regard to the criteria set out in the national routine. Exceptions to these measures can be made in the event that the pilot area manager in consultation with the Nautical Council assesses vessels over this size as safe to handle with only one pilot.
Recomendations for vessels to Wallhamn with larger car carriers, PCTC.
|Vessel size||No. of Tugs||No. of Tugs||Wind||Visibilety|
|>200-233x9,5m||2 Asd/Voith(*3)||2 Asd/Voith(*3)||<15 m/s||>0,5 NM|
- The number of tugs presupposes a well-functioning bow thruster with sufficient strength. If not, the number of tugs is increased by 1. At least 1Bb must be of the Asd / Voiht type.
- On ships with stern thrusters, another agreement can be made between the Master and the Pilot.
- * If necessary, Pilot / Cpt. can decide on additional tugs, eg wind strength that touches the limit values
- ** In favorable weather and wind direction, Pilot / Cpt. can in consultation reduce the number of Bb to 1 on departure, however, maximum wind 5 m / s at Mittholmarna.
- Vessels with LOA >235m will not be handled unless an inquiry is made to the pilot area manager (see contact page) before ordering a pilot. The request must be made in good time and provide an answer to any restrictions for the vessel type which contain wind and visibility restrictions as well as the needs of tugboat assistance. Upon request, a specification of the intended vessel shall be provided.
On Älgfjorden, SW Älgön. Depth 25m, clay.
On Hakefjorden, N Älgön. Depth 50 - 25m, clay.
Last updated 2021-03-07